Monday, March 2, 2009

jdentified, pt 1

-as an extreme idealist, how do you stop yourself from being emo all the time. (as we all know this is a recent achievement)

Actually, I wouldn't consider myself to be an extreme idealist. I think I just keep things in a larger perspective. Rationality works wonders, for example. Life isn't perfect, but I have my family, a group of close(r) friends, hallmates I can talk to, eye candies in classes. I don't have a girlfriend, but I've rationalised that I don't think I need one. Everyone has problems in life, and in their sufferance I find myself having the clarity to see that I basically have nothing to complain about. Is that being an idealist? I would call it more of being a pragmatist - that being emo is a waste of effort. Finding things to be miserable about actually takes energy, and sustaining this misery is an active drain on time and energy that I do not feel I have the patience for.


Hence, the above.

-why has your taste in girls changed so much since sim?

By this line of implication, my taste in girls has changed, much? I don't really think it has (examples please!). Sure, the girls that are attractive have varied much since then, but that's because I manage to find alot of girls attractive, depending on situation (see previous post on eyecandies)!

Exempli gratia, I refer you to Exhibit A: Definitions of Hotness.


The Axis of Hotness. Bonus points if you can name all of them!
-*-*-*-*-*-
Jeremy has Tied with Anonymous with 2 Points! each!
1) Maki Goto - The original definition of straight-bangs hotness.
2) Maki Horikita - Short-haired, sassy, intense, hotness.
3) Erika Touda - Cute, to-die-for long eyebrow bangs-type hotness.
4) Miho Yoshioka - (insert=bias) SHEER BLINDING HOTNESS. (/bias)

But of course, I jest. Physical attractiveness is just a necessary subsection of attraction for males (just ask any Ladder Theorist. Of course there are other factors to attraction that are less physical attractiveness and more individual personal qualities, to which really a full post would be warranted to explain them all. But since this question is a question of why my taste has changed, and not how, that's another story for another day.

-why did we drift apart?

I guess there's no straight answer to this. It's quite easy to put the blame on hall, academics, the pursuit of material things and the paper chase that comes between people. Mostly, I'd think it has something to do with lack of meaningful contact, which is kind of sad. I really do miss having a "lao ma" in hall to emo about to, heh, but I think I'm less emo these days, so I'm getting better =D. I hope you are doing well. Meet up again soon... Jeremy, Yayan, Val over here miss you too. =)


Remember this? I hope you find your happy ending.

-i wonder why you set yourself up to answer difficult questions haha..

No question about this, I'm a masochist.

-can u like write me a script? haha

Sure, but I need subject matter! =P
-
Aaaaand, that's jdentification, pt 1. Stay tuned for the next instalment, folks! Until then, no more questions, let me blog in peace! =D

8 comments:

  1. 1: Maki Goto

    Currently pursuing leads on the other 3
    Hints please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! 2 of them are somewhat popular actresses, one more so a movie one, one a j-drama one.

    And the last one is purposefully the hardest, no hints till the other two are guessed. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2:Horikita Maki

    I rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent!

    Extremely obvious clue, of the remaining, one of them acted in a fairly recent popular live-action movie series "DEATH NOTE".

    Not so obvious clue, the last one was an ex-race queen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3: Erika Toda! =) I'm surprised no one got it so far!

    -jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Jeremy got it! And yes! Erika Touda!

    Last one to go! It'll be fiendishly difficult, so here's another two clues.

    1) I was raving about her a while back (about a year or so?), so search your memories for those people who know me...
    2) She has a bit role in the You're Under Arrest Live Action TV Series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. miho yoshioka

    -jeremy

    ReplyDelete