Thursday, March 5, 2009

of secret dreams, pt 1

I guess I've never told anyone before, or rather, I might have to the few of you who know, but I've really actually always wanted to be a ROCK STAR!

I've always thought wanted to perform, you know. In front of a admiring crowd who loves me. To hear mad, rabid cheering. To get glomped by insane fangirls. To be able to like, tell myself, "Like, OMG, I'm awesome."

Too bad I had no talent for piano when I was young, couldn't read music theory as I got a little older, broke my sister's keyboard a while later, was kicked out of choir after my voice broke (I was a sop, come on! How long could that possibly last), was part of a (very) short-lived dance group in secondary school that later fell apart because I really had two left-feet (as evidenced from my failure at DDR and Parapara, PARAPARA for gods sake), did debates for a spiel and decided that showmanship wasn't really my style. I even snapped my sister's guitar when I tried picking that up. And nowadays, my vocal range at K-box is pathetically small, so I don't like to sing (particularly with people that are Godlike) except with a few of my closer K-box kakis. I CAN'T EVEN PLAY GUITAR HERO RIGHT.

Oh woe is me for being talentless.

But you know, I've always had a special place in my heart for the bass players in a band. It's so much more difficult to be awesome when you're pretty much the only instrument in the typical guitar/bass/drums/vocals setpiece that doesn't have that SCORCHING SOLO! That's why I always wanted to play bass for a rockin' band.

ROCKSTAR BASSIST, YO.
(My other dream is to be a dancer, but that's for the next post, yo.)

No time, no money, no talent, no - sigh, I hate life.

I have the highest respect for bassists, really.
Which brings me to the subject of Tissue-hime (directly translated as Tissue-princess), an awesome Japanese bassist who posts his bass covers on NicoNicoDouga, a Japanese videosharing site, but kindly crossposted from there to Youtube by kind youtubers.



Here are all the timestamps of his awesomeness, in this video.
2:08 Awesome!
2:45 Godlike sliding!
3:45-3:49 OMGWTFBBQ!!!

He's done plenty more songs on youtube, but quite alot of them are anime song covers, being Japanese. This is rather a departure from the floods of (mainly) English rock covers being done on youtube already, which is awesome enough (this one is one of my favourites, Sweet Child o' Mine), but really, you can't HELP but root for Tissue-hime when he covers songs like THIS.



Of course, I keep referring to him as a he, so I'm not about to declare OMG-I-LOVE-YOU-CAN-I-HAVE-YOUR-BABIES.
...
That's some killer legs, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment