Saturday, March 7, 2009

hallelujah chance

I think wedding dinners make me go into flights of fancy more so then anything else.

The lack of anything to do, coupled with the lack of people I know, the bland conversation topics, all these tend to lead me into introspective thoughts. About how it would look like at mine, or at a good friend's, or an ex-classmate, or even a hallmate's wedding.

I think about fate, and how she contrives to keep people together or tear them apart. How people who seemed to be happy together never did manage to reach this place together in the end, and how the lucky ones eventually do. I think about who would end up with who, if I would actually be invited to who's wedding with who, who would be the 'brothers' supporting the groom, who would be the 'sisters' sabotaging him for the bride.

And of course, my daydreams are filled with the cast of characters I can summon from within the people I know, be they from hall, from school, or even from memories.

But you know, funnily enough, I don't think I've ever thought about who could be my own bride, smiling radiantly back at me.

And it might be one of the few times in my life that I regret being unable to come up with an answer to this gaping hole in my daydreams. Because all cliche aside, isn't it also true that the day of your wedding would probably be the happiest day of your life? Now think, being unable to think about, no, to even be able to imagine, to put a face to the one who could possibly,be the one who would do that to, no, with me.

It always makes me feel a little sad.


Hmm, maybe I should give Proposal Daisuken a chance after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment