Sunday, October 11, 2009

woo

Typing this on my sister's eeePC 4G. Hehe. It's somewhat smaller then the Wind (7" display compared to 10"), but it's quite cool. Could definitely get used to this... I'm pretty much typing at my full typing speed le, and this keyboard is already even smaller then the Wind's.

Sis trying to tell me to get a full-fledged laptop for $800, but I don't really see the point. It'll be bigger, heavier, and no point since I don't need that much power for something that I'm going to bring along to the library or lecture theatres. And it'll cost more, even. $600 vs. $800? No contest.


9, totally overrated.

Watched 9 on saturday. In short, it sucked. Well, not really, but it could have been alot more. Thing is, it was extended from a short film, so, if you take it in terms of it being a short film, it would have been magnificent. Top-notch animation, an interesting story, cool action set-pieces, character designs, all good ingredients for a short film. But this is a $6 full-length movie we are talking about here, and that is where it fails. Bland characterisation, too little plot, lots of missing gaps and plot holes and a thoroughly unsatisfying ending = recipe for disaster.

Pity, considering that it really had alot of potential. Director Shane Ackerman should invest more time on fleshing out the script next time. Technically everything that was awesome about 9, you can see in the youtube trailer. Ah well.

Been busy with lots of stupid stuff. Just finished summarizing a powerpoint for Social Cog group project. Now using the netbook to find books suitable for History of Film. I just came up with the most LOL essay title ever - "I Less Than Three You: The Romance Film in Contemporary Modern Society." Rockestest.

If you don't get it, you sug. Plz DIAF. Then read up on your mathematical notation yo.
.
..
Ohh alright, I'll explain it:


Now do you get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment