Saturday, October 3, 2009

A shocking character reveal!

Oh, I think apparently, I'm quite sadistic.

To elaborate, let me use the example of Soh Nyuh Shi Dae. Also known as SNSD, or Girls Generation, they are my current obsession.



For example, in SNSD's Horror Movie Factory series, a variety-type program where the SNSD girls are subject to various acting challenges, there's a particular segment that is fairly remniscient of what university camps like to include in their itinery: Fright Night. They are given a script, and basically have to do a night walk through a particular location in an abandoned school while acting out lines from the script they are given. Of course, just like Fright Night, there are scares implanted into the stages.

It's dead freaking hilarious.

The first episode starts off with a fake shoot where the entire 50-member crew, including a known celebrity "spirit guide" and the other 8 members of SNSD put up a sterling performance just to trick one particular member. Said member is led through a series of unfortunate events including a 'resident' of the area coming up angrily to disrupt the shoot, camera lights exploding spontaneously, hell, even ghost possession of one of the girls at one point.

It's comedy. Seriously.

The second episode has that Fright-Nightesque segment, where at one point one of the members (also my favourite - Tyrant Sica♥) produces dolphin ultrasound screams when she's scared by the 'ghosts'. It's uber funny!

Here's the thing, see, this is also why I'm a horrible human being.

JD's thought process -> Thoroughly scared individual = Thoroughly amusing = Thoroughly adorable.

Of course, let's move away from scaring people, okay? Let's choose something far more benign, but still SNSD-centric, okay? For the sake of equal comparison.



SNSD's Hello Baby series is another variety-type program where the premise here is that the girls have to take care of a baby, and the show aims to choose the best and worst moms for every episode. Well that's all well and good, assuming that they're all girls who can handle babies.

For the most part, they are... with the exception of one. Poor Tiffany (also one of my favourites ♥).

There are multiple spots during the first episode which show her being completely demoralised because she doesn't know what to do with the baby.

And being the complete monster that I am, I laughed my head off everytime.

(when talking about how Tiffany completely cannot handle children)
Hyoheon: "There was this one time, when we were talking in a cafe, a 5 year-old boy approached us. So, Tiffany (not knowing what to do) said, 'Sorry, we're talking.'"
Tiffany: "But we were talking!"
Hyoheon: "Her tone suddenly turned respectful (towards the boy)."
Tiffany: (hen sian)

Seriously, so uber funny.

And there was this part where the girls prepared gifts for the baby and the baby had to pick one person's gift, whereupon that girl would become the baby's daily mom. And everyone was like hoping that their gift would get chosen, and when the baby started stumbling in her direction she was like,

Tiffany: NO! NO WAY! (omgwtf-do-i-do-if-i-get-chosen face)

Aww.

JD's thought process -> Thoroughly helpless individual = Thoroughly amusing = Thoroughly adorable.

So apparently, I like watching people squirm. I think I'm going to hell for this.

Oh yeah, er, both shows are highly recommended! You can stream off youtube or can get the (high-quality!) ones from me if anyone wants. YES, I DONATED TO SOSHI SUBS TO GET THE HIGH QUALITY VERSIONS... BLARGH, the cost of fandom.

2 comments:

  1. Love the 6 episode.. can i have the links for the high quality video for this? please email it to me at turnthedice@yahoo.com

    thanks..

    I'm Yan from the philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I can't email you the links in order to support Soshi Subs (besides, the links are locked), that message was rather intended for my friends whom I can lend the physical copies to.

    Visit soshified.com to find out how you can download them, in any case. =)

    ReplyDelete