Saturday, November 7, 2009

Graduation

It's been some time since I've blogged, but don't worry, absolutely nothing interesting has happened. So, there's just been alot of whining about my Lit essay due monday that I'm going to die for, as well as a Voluntary Corps event which, surprisingly went quite well.

And sleep, alot of sleep, unnecessary and evil which is going to cost me dearly.

After talking to Wilk on the bus after VC event I'm seriously considering not going on to do my honors. Aside from the fact that I'm really treading precariously on the verge of not being able to do a second-lower anyway, I realised that the only real reason for me to do another year is to get a shot at doing a Masters. And what the heck, a Masters in Psychology? What am I going to end up doing, research?

I srsly, do not see myself writing a thesis paper for my year four, or even for a Masters that will lead me to a Doctorate. There's just no conceivable way that I could commit myself to all those statistics. I've been hanging on to sanity so far because everytime there's stats involved, with all those t-tests, one-tailed or two-tailed whatnots, or dear (deity of choice) ANOVA, there's been helpful group members who are far more proficient at this then I to rely on. Srsly.

Individual thesis? OMGno thanks.

So am I going to graduate next year? I don't know. Sigh. Should I? Economy's so irritatingly difficult now, plus I'm really not sure what I can do with this degree of mine, plus I don't really know what I really want to do anyway.

So true, ya?

Decisions decisions. So hard to make. Help help I need some advice. Anyone? WOULD YOU KINDRY?

EDIT@2320h - Looking at an old blog of mine, I found this:

"I feel like a child beneath a curtain of stars, with no one to guide me. Yet even as I sweep my bewildered childlike gaze across the dreamy pinpoints of light, I recognise and I know that each star has it's own place in time, location and destiny. Time marches on without regard for us all and before we know it, we will die, leaving our children to live our lives again vicariously. They will relieve our memories, our fates in their so many years later. Our simple lives are chains of pre-connected events, linked together by a fabric of choices which we make. Of course then, our choices are therefore the most integral part of our lives, being that we are most affected by these self-same choices we make, and this is also why we spend the greater part of our lives agonizing over them. I hope with only sincere intentions, that everyone I know would be able to paint the picture of a serene glade within their heart, and I hope that all their troubles would soon end."

WHAT. I COULD WRITE LIKE THIS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY VOCABULARY.

1 comment:

  1. hmm i think that unless you know what you really want to do, its best to keep as many options open as possible. -xue

    ReplyDelete