Sunday, November 22, 2009

a few steps away from perdition

I less than three my netbook very very much. It's such an... enabler. I feel so much free-er with it than ever. Studying outside the confines of my room, being able to make use of the NUS facilities that I'm paying too much of my school fees for. Heck, even being able to watch episodes of Big Bang Theory on the painful 1.5h bus ride home makes the $600 price tag seem oh-so-worthwhile.

It also runs games. Hell, if you check the Games list that I've been finishing up, you'll pretty much see that everything I've completed has been on my netbook so far. Granted, most of everything there are small adventure games which each take on average 2-3hours a piece to complete (not that they aren't fun, most of them are awesome), but still! It runs Gyromancer too, which just came out a few days ago - and it's all kinds of awesome fun.

I like the keyboard. It's got big, comfortable keys which are surprisingly easy to touch-type with. Doesn't feel cramped at all. I could play The Typing of the Dead comfortably with this.

And I just love the battery life. 6hours on a full charge for such a light, tiny little thing (of course, without wireless, which cuts it to 4h). I almost could do without lugging a charger around.

Best economic decision I've ever made on the spur of the moment, bar none. Yay for impulse buys and a twitchy click-to-buy finger.

♥Netbook.

Of course, I'm not necessarily saying that my poor 4-year old computer is useless though. The 22" still gives me real estate when I need it to, and HD stuff is an absolute joy to behold on it (HD SNSD is = boomz in pantz.) Not to mention I'm pretty much going to finish Torchlight soon on it. It really just needs a good clean-up, which will come hopefully after I finish my reservist (oh what a pain).

And I've already bought (seriously bought, not pirated) Windows7 for it, so I really have no excuse not to clean it up, sort out my hard disks, make a few backups and upgrade to Windows7.

Hmm. Exams are here. First paper in 2 days. I feel strangely zen. It's as if I already know I'm doomed, and I'm (rather) calmly accepting it.

Ah well, I need to break out of this, and I know just what to do.

Do not go gently into the good night.

Not sure who said the above. Dylan Thomas? Who was he? Poet, writer, and etc. It means "fight to the death". Or in this case...

In this case, it means awesome!

3!
2!
1!
ARE YOU READY?
HEAVEN OR HELL!
ROUND ONE!
FIGHT!

Although, you know, for Trauma -

Pictured:
Top - Social Cognition.
Middle - Developmental Psychology.
Bottom - Trauma Psychology.

I never really got good at fighting games.
(I tend to mash.)

No comments:

Post a Comment