Sunday, May 3, 2009

of beautiful voices and mothers day

Oh my, you'd never guess from that first 15 seconds of conversation how a squeakily-cute anime-like voice like hers can turn out to be so absolutely angelic when singing.



And I'm posting this because it's Mothers Day soon (in a week!). Dear readers, please be touched by the lyrics and beautiful voice of Moriyama Aiko and take some time off to celebrate Mother's Day with your dearest mother. =D

Lyrics to Yoitomake-no-uta (The Day Labourer's Song)
(it starts at the 0:26 mark)

For the sake of my father, heave-oh!
For the sake of my mother, heave-oh!
One more time, heave-oh!
(1:00)
Still now I can hear it, the Day-Labourer's Song
Still now I can hear it, that lullaby
Among male laborers, she (my mother) pulls a rope
She turns to the sky, and raises her voice
With all her might, she sang
The hard work of my mother, I saw it
The hard work of my mother, I saw it...
(2:00)
Several times, I too was dejected... But
It was a winding road, I walked through without stumbling
More then any other beautiful songs
More then any other beautiful voices
It was encouraging, consoling me
My mother's song, it is the best in the world
My mother's song, it is the best in the world...
(3:06)
Still now I can hear it, the Day-Labourer's Song
Still now I can hear it, that lullaby...


Yep, Moriyama Aiko is amazing.
I can totally understand why that guy teared.

No comments:

Post a Comment